The first documented owner of the property was one Hans Vitl. From 1744 onwards the building was decorated with stucco elements.
In 1907 the attic space was converted into a fourth residential storey, and in 1976/77 the building was completely renovated. Its occupants today include the long-established music shop Musikhaus Pühringer.
Incidentally: Getreidegasse was first recorded in the Middle Ages as "Trabegasse", implying that its name derives from the trotting of horses. It is famous above all for its association with Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, who was born two doors away at no. 9 Getreidegasse in 1756.